The Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs (OPEN) is a voluntary not-for-profit association dedicated to the promotion of entrepreneurship and professional excellence within the Pakistani-American community. The organization was formed in 1998 by a group of Pakistani-American entrepreneurs and corporate executives and registered in Massachusetts in 2000. The association's charter is to provide networking opportunities and enhanced business opportunities for entrepreneurs and professionals of Pakistani heritage in North America. OPEN meetings and events are open to the public. OPEN has chapters in Boston, Silicon Valley, Washington DC, Houston, Chicago and New York.
OPEN Chapters have Charter Memberships comprising the most successful Pakistanis in various fields such as: finance, technology, telecommunications, biotech and consulting. OPEN regularly organizes events pertaining to current issues in business and entrepreneurship, including OPEN Speaker Series, featuring prominent industry leaders’ views on current trends; OPEN Forum, all day conference covering relevant business issues; OPEN Mentorship Dinner Series, one-on-one dinners with OPEN Charter Members; OPEN Career Day; OPEN Business Plan Competition; etc.
ABOUT OPEN NY
OPEN NY, formed in 2001, serves one of the most diverse and vibrant communities of Pakistani-Americans. The New York area, in addition to being the center of Finance, has emerged as the hub of the "Converging" Media, Telecommunications and Technology Industries. The OPEN NY Membership is as diverse as the community, representing several industries such as Finance (Banking, Private Equity, VC and Hedge Funds), Consumer Products, Life Sciences, Health-care, Media, Telecoms and Technology. Therefore, we believe, the New York chapter plays a key role in supporting OPEN's overarching goals that include:
- To help facilitate and encourage the growth of Pakistani-American entrepreneurs and professionals
- To draw attention to and recognize accomplishments of Pakistani-American entrepreneurs and professionals within the greater community
- To provide funding help and mentorship through programs such as business plan competition and feedback on programs developed by entrepreneurs
- To become the hub of information and contact for enterprises, talent, investors, corporations and other like-minded organizations
- To develop ongoing events through which Pakistani-Americans can network, amongst themselves, as well as with other influential individuals
Over the years, OPEN NY has organized events focused on a diverse range of industries and topics, including Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Women in Leadership, Pakistani-American Film-makers, Socially Responsible Entrepreneurship, Media and Telecoms, Career Management, etc. Keynote speakers at OPEN NY events have included: Faran Tahir (leading Hollywood Actor), Prakash Melwani (one of the top Private Equity professionals), the late Ismail Merchant (luminary Filmmaker), Mark Coblitz (Head of Strategy for Comcast), Shirin Tahir-Kheli (Senior Advisor for Women's Empowerment to the United States Secretary of State), among other successful entrepreneurs and professionals.